}

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

LOC Medallion Flower

I wanted to share a card with you today that I created using Layers of Color art stamps.  I have been busy creating lots of projects but cannot share them with you just yet - shhhh...move in a little closer and I can tell you quietly that they are for an a New Release for a certain company LOL!


This gorgeous flower is from the Flowering Gems art stamp set and is such a fabulous one to use for many different projects - infact I have many of then stamped off and ready to use whenever they are needed.  This set has different size flowers and is perfect for creating your own layered flowers too.


The flower has been popped up onto a punched Medallion - I got this idea from Becca Feeken's Blog - Amazing Paper Grace - she tried it with a number of different punches and I thought I would give it a try...I have to say - you need to see Becca's Tutorial to see how good she makes them look - I need to practice more and get a ScorePal...LOL!


You can see a little bit more of the dimension in the photo above - I have used a Martha Stewart Punch for my Medallion.  It has been attached to some DP that has been cut with a Stampin' Up Top Note - thanks for the loan Ann!!  

I have finished off with some pleated DP from my scraps pile, two rows of paper piercing complete the look!  What do you think!?!
This card is for the following challenges:
Card Cupids - Bright and Bold
Paper Sundaes - Pop It Up
Fairy Knoll - Flowers
Totally Papercrafts - Don't be Square
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes - optional Kraft
Paper Pretties - Flowers
Crafty Cardmaker's Spotlight Challenge - Challenge Yourself to Try Something New
Get Hippity with Ippity - Flowers
House of Gilli - Flowers
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes
Stamps and Fun - Flower Power
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner
You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

13 comments:

  1. Oh Linda this is amazing - I have seen those medallions and the tutorial, but have not been game enough to try them. You have inspired me!!
    Love all you little details with the corners, the piercing on both the green and the 'frill' on the bottom of your card, and the pearls.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your medallion. I have a flower stamp that looks very similar to yours. I have a Scor-it and it's wonderful. I got it for my birthday from a friend, but used to score on my Fiskars paper trimmer with the scoring blade. I'm gonna have to try this. Also love the looks of your background. Eye candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card,lovely layout and the fower is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower - I've not seen these at all will have to look at the tutorial, Great colours and embellishments. I saw your card on Make It Monday and came to have a closer look,
    good luck,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card :-)the flower is fabulous !! wow !!

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Linda!

    thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda

    Wow, this is wonderful!! Love that flower/medallion.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Creation and I love all the extra goodies that you have added! Thank You for joining us at Get Hippity With Ippity! I hope you have a wonderful and safe weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and yes, I agree, Beccas blog is fabulous! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, this is just fabulous! I love all your creations though, you are such an inspiration! I love to follow Becca's tutorials and this is one I'm gonna have to try too!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is stunning and flower is totally popped!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at SFC…....
    Hugs GDT-Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}