}

Saturday, May 28, 2011

LOC Simply Love Notes

I nearly had a panic attack this morning as I thought I had nothing to post due to working on lots of sneak peeks that I will be sharing with you later this month, but then I realised I had some cards I created some time ago (quite some time ago! LOL) and uploaded as a draft but have not shared yet.  Just as well I did as Blogger is doing some having some issues - still - and won't let me upload new photos or comment - arghhhh!!


 I tried my hand at some CAS cards - not as easy as it sounds - I get them to this point and so-o-o-o want to add more!!  So far I have created two but will probably add to them and make a set.


The DP is from Stampin Up and is leftovers that I have cut in strips - and layered onto the cardstock after sponging around the edges.


The script image is from the Layers of Color The Love Chapter and works so beautifully here - I do love the background scripts, especially this one as I actually know what it says (LOL) and love the fact that it is from 1 Corinthians 13 - 'The Love Chapter'


The Flower is from the Flowering Gems art stamp set - I use this flower a lot and love the way it can be blinged up or played down and is divine either way.


My second card has the same DP and some lovely crochet lace that was given to me by my friend Hannah aka bubblefrog.  I love lace and this one is gorgeous!  Single stitched ribbon has been added just above it.


My sentiment is also from the Layers of Color The Love Chapter art stamp set

 This card is for the following challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons - Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Restful Colours
Make It Monday - Always Anything Goes

While looking through some draft posts I realised I have a few more cards to show, so I can relax today and hopefully have some time to create some more - it is Saturday morning here and we are chilling out - you have to LOVE that!

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner
You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!
Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

13 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Linda! Thanks for joining us at CFAS.
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda these are so dramatic and strong with the navy in them - just love what you have done with the paper(s) and lace.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous colours, so rich.Beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely designs my friend!! Isn't blogger just a mess lately :o) Ahhh, I just end of walking away and try later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes, Linda!

    Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party! Hope to see you again soon!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are beautiful!!!! Love the colors!!!! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards Linda and like how you used the strips. You're work is always an inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Cards and Blog. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely set of cards hun, thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges our chall is blue brown and cream though
    hugs sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely stunning! Beautiful cards! Thanks very much for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew this week, and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors you used!! I love that you used this set with non-traditional romantic colors like pink and red! There is a call for Stampers Sampler to create a neon valentine card. I really want to give it a try, but I can't see Nina's gorgeous sets in NEON colors, ha! They come up with some crazy challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}