}

Monday, May 2, 2011

LOC Deepest Sympathies

I am happy to say I did not need to make this card - but had the sentiment and the images laying in my pile of UFO's on my desk - I am also happy to say I have finished 4 more - sure and steady wins the race!  LOL!


I also was 'itching' to play with my new Spellbinders Labels 20 - what a gorgeous shape!!  Out came the Grand Calibur - well, it doesn't actually have to come out as it is used everyday and sits ins a place of honour on a desk!


I used the Layers of Color Backyard Birds art stamp set, I have lots of these images stamped and ready to colour - this one was a step ahead of the others - it was already cut out! 


I coloured it with SU Chalks, using a Blender Pen and lightly added the 3D Kindy Glitz - as you may know - this is my new 'toy' and I love the way it is texture and has a softer look.  This is added to the sentiment from the Sent With Love art stamp set and added to the Classic Oval Nestibilitie.  I have embossed this with the Tim Holtz embossing Folder ( another new favourite!!)


I have finished off with some crinkled Seam Binding and a silk flower that I found in my sewing basket - I have not been a fan of silk flowers - don't get me wrong, I love them on your work...but they just didn't work for me - BUT the 'jury is still out' on that one, as I really like the look of this one and have tried to capture the shimmer for you to see.

This card is for the following challenges:
Lets Ink It Up - Embellish It
Sparkles Forum - Anything Goes
Creations by Gill - Bird in Your Garden
Sugar Creek Hollow - Embossing
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas - For a Loved One
Fussy and Fancy - Springtime

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous and i love the shimmery flower. Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Linda! The flower is the perfect finishing touch, and the shimmer shows very well in the pic. I really like the card shape done with the Labels 20! (Lots more ideas filling my head now!) And I'm really wishing my Tim Holts emboss folders would be moved from 'backordered' to 'delivered'! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the way it all comes together. Thanx for joing us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again, soon.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird, Linda. Glad you don't need the card right now, but it's always nice to have a few on hand. I like your silk flower, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovley its so hard to do a card like this but this one is perfect thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
    GIll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sympathy card. I love the shapes and the embossing gives it wonderful texture. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The bird is gorgeous - such subtle colours.

    Thanks for joining the embossing challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda this is beautiful - again :-) That silk rose is divine.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the SFC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This beautiful and elegant.Love the colours and the bird.The shape is divine.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation Linda - adore your colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. It looks very springy!
    Thank you for joining fussy and fancy friday challenge.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sympathy card Linda. Love your colors and design, I am sure it will be a blessing of thoughtfulness.. These are always hard to create at the moment...but you did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all your embossing and your beautiful bird. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous embossing, a lovely thoughtful card. Thank you so much joining us at OSAAT this week-hope to see you again soon! Elaine OSAAT DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a fabulous shaped card, love your little bird and embossing too! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley challenges

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at LIIU xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda, what a fantastic blog you have here - I love your work especially your style v. cool! & your blog design & the sidebars etc. are stunning. What a great make this is - especially love the embossed card-stock.
    Actually I used to visit your blog when I first stared looking at blogs, then didn't follow any for years. Then when I set my blog up last month I wanted to try & find the blogs I used to visit - but couldn't find yours, so I'm really glad I've come across it again & will defo follow it now.
    Thanks for joining us at Card-makin Mamas & good luck.
    Deb.x (new CMM DT member)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}