}

Sunday, May 15, 2011

SSIC Two Cups

What a busy week it has been in Blogville - time has just flown by - Sunday is here already and with Sunday comes the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.  This week is hosted by dear Chris aka Glowbug, who has chosen the following scripture:


 'My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber;  indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.'
  Psalm 121:2-4


Chris has set us the challenge of creating a card or project with a tea or coffee cup or pot - this can be the designer paper, the image, or embellishment

I have recycled my image from an old birthday card, it was too cute not to reuse - I am going to give it to the friend that gave me the original card - do you think she will notice?! (LOL!)   I have added a Tim Holtz Flourish


and some flowers and pearls to 'purty' it up of course there is inking and sponging - it is a rare day I don't do either of those on my cards!

This card is for the following challenges:
Craft Us Crazy - Use your favourite embellishment (Tim Holtz Die) and/or something new ( the rose)
Crafty Purple Frog - Monochromatic
Stampin' B's - TGIF - anything starting with 'F' - flower
Cute Card Thursday - Distressing
One Stop Craft Shop - Ice Cream Colours or Image
Stamp Scrap and Doodle - Use Old Supplies
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - Use Dies
Fairy Fun Fridays - For the Girls
Stamp Something - Anything Goes

God never sleeps nor slumbers - can you imagine that!?  God is always busy, even now He is busy, but the Word tells us that God does rest - for 6 days He created but on the seventh He rested. We sleep because our bodies grow weary - I look forward to the day we too will not need to sleep, our bodies will not grow weary, no aches and pains - I am looking forward to the day I check into my mansion and get my sleeping bag unrolled!!  Infact, I have even ordered my Heavenly Body and I will tell you this - it is DIVINE!  LOL!

God is spirit and He does not sleep nor slumber - He is always watching over us.  We read in scripture that the eyes of Lord search all around the world (Zec 4:10) His eyes watch over those who do right and His ears are open to their prayers (1 Peter 3:12) 

I am so grateful for God who is mindful of me, always watching and hearing my prayers!

Thank you to our Sponsor - The Crafts Meow.
- this weeks prize is a stamp set from NinaB
You can see Chris'devotional on over at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Make sure you stop by the Design Team Blogs and see that gorgeous 'works of the heart' they have created for you!!

*Lisa Chris Grace * Kristine * MariLynn * Peggysue * Randi  (on break)* Miejse * Rebekka * Sabrina*

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

23 comments:

  1. What a great tea card Linda! I love that you recycled!!! It's perfect! I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful day with the Lord and perhaps a cuppa while you've been basking in His presence!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cheerful card Linda!! I just love your use of recycling, the image and the sentiment. How perfect!! I enjoyed reading your take on the verse and I too look forward to not being weary and needing sleep. Have a great day!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tea cups! I have recycled too - so nice to do once in a while! Great image, great coloring and look forward to unrolling my sleeping bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and design Linda... and I love the message you have shared. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea! I hope she notices, it came out wonderfully. I've been saving my nice cards but haven't used them, thanks for the reminder of what I intended to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tea cups Linda, so glad I am not the only one who recycles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda this is wonderful just love the image and the flourish is just so lush!!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, what a beautiful job of recycling! And I'm guessing you've made this look so different from the original card that your friend will not notice! And I must say, I think it's a lovely picture of how God can 'recycle' us to be fit for His use when it may seem that we are all used up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again a beautiful card and beautiful thoughts to go with it - my new body will definitely have perfect eyes!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lovely Linda! I haven't been here in a while. I love your adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at SSDS this week. So happy I got to see your card. I hope all is well with you.
    Hugs,
    the other lovely Linda LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Linda!!!! Stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous! Love that flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Linda! I love the colors and the texture on the flourish. If your friend does notice that it's the same image she'll know you liked it and cared enough to save it! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and love those cups and the sentiment. Just sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda!! What a beautiful card, and lovely idea to recycle your friend`s image! I`m so happy you shared this with us at Crafty Creations too!!
    hugs,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty, love the colours!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges and hope to see you again next time :)

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully coloured image and I love the sentiment. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, wonderful card. I like the image and the colours you`ve used. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.
    Hugs,Minna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at SSDS. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! I love the colors you chose and the layout. Your teacups are so colorful and work perfectly on the card. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and verse. Thanks for joining us at OSCC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda, my sweet friend, your card is so beautiful!! I love those fun cheerful colors and your signature touches! Sorry, I am lte commenting, I have a lot going on right now. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thos are sweet little teacups, meant to come earlier this week and tell you so and cannot believe here it is Friday evening. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a crazy life going on right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}