}

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vintage Roses

Today I am sharing a card I created some time ago, for Mother's Day (obviously).  I have been busy creating but am unable to show you just yet as they are for some Guest Designers spots I am excited to be doing - one in August and the other September.




I have created my own Designer Paper using the retired Vintage Roses set by Laura Kirste Campbell - I love the romantic 'Shabby' feel of these roses.  I have stamped onto an exsisting piece of pale patterned paper and lightly coloured the images with SU Chalks/Pastels

 

The addition of Want2Scrap Bling was perfect - who doesn't love roses and pearls - and these pearls are divine - Swirls Finesse - love them!

 


The sentiment is also a retired Set - Sent with Love by Laura Kirste Campbell.



One easy card as you can see, but fun to make - just ask the ladies from my Card Design Classes - they did a wonderful job!

This card is for the following challenges:
LEJ Designs  - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything Goes  
 Whoopsi Daisy Use Up Your Stash (paper)
Let`s Ink It UpAll Girls
One Stitch At A TimeAnything Goes 

 
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

15 comments:

  1. Very sweet - love those roses too :-).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love your beautiful hand made design paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, your stamped paper background is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at lejdesigns challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely
    I love the background
    thank you for joining in the challenge at LEJ Designs this week hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT Challenge blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member OSAAT Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering where you were, I should have guessed! :) This is a beauty, designer paper can make the loveliest card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I adore the simplicity of your design, so very elegant. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck with the draw. Hope to see you at the new challenge blog for our next challenge. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda this is beautiful! Glad to see it at two of my homes this week - Whoopsi Daisy and One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draws!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254 and #255.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shabby chic roses! Lovely card! Love the soft effect of the touch of flowers in the roses. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love your handmade backing paper, it's beautiful. A gorgeous card,
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.. Love that background.. the pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us over at One Stitch At A Time!

    - Susan, DT Member OSAAT Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you have done with the Vintage roses - I would have never thought about stamping them right onto some designer paper... looks fab! And thank you also for reminding me that I also have a GDT for august - I had forgotten all about it, must remember to make someting :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}