}

Sunday, May 8, 2011

SSIC LOC All Things Beautiful

Today each one of us celebrates Mothers Day - some as Mothers, some who have been like a Mother and everyone because we all have a Mother....this day touches us all in one capacity or another.  To my Mum (who reads my posts) Happy Mothers Day Mum  - you are everything a Mum should be and I honour you today!!


 This weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge is hosted by the lovely Sabrina and who has chosen a perfect scripture for today:

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 a (NIV)

Sabrina has challenged us to make a card and put all things "beautiful" on it (flowers, pearls, bling, butterflies, birds, lace, etc

In my creative world is does not get much more beautiful for me than my Layers of Color art stamps, Webster's Pages and DieCuts - what about you!?!  We are looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful projects you create this week....


I have combined some of my favourites elements this week and created this card with a tag,


using Layers of Color Flutterescent, Sent With Love art stamp sets and the Tim Holtz Birdcage Die


The Layers of Color The Love Chapter art stamp set has been used to add some script to the side of the Webster's Pages divine DP.


Adding some lace is always beautiful, along with a vintage button from a dear friend.

Using such pretty product certainly makes creating a card so easy, but the thing that I find makes it even easier is making it for someone you love - it is such a wonderful feeling to be able to put some 'love' into our cards and bring a warm and love into someone's day as they receive it!!

This card is for the following challenges:
2 Sisters - Distressing
Allsorts - Use at Least 3 Different Stamps - butterfly, sentiment, script
Crazy4Challenges - Lots of Flowers
Raise the Bar - Flower Power
Stamping Vacation - Steel Blue and Rose

Today's scripture brings us such a truth (as they all do!) and Mother's Day is such perfect timing to share it - thank you Sabrina!!  I am blessed to have an amazing Mum who I love dearly.  She has shown me what really being a Mother is, taught me unconditional love and to always look for the good when it cannot be seen with the eye but can be found with the heart.  Throughout our childhood I watched my Mum go through circumstances that would knock many 'out of the ball park', but she made choices that impacted each of us, showing us that love is not just a word but a commitment and definitely an action, for this I am so grateful - thank you Mum - I love you!!

As a Mum, I have learnt and am learning so many life lessons - some of them are pure joy, filling my heart to capacity and others seem to take so-o-o long and can make our hearts weary.  I am sure each one of us us found that our children, beautiful as they are can take us to the heights of joy and also knock us to our knees...I tell people that as parents we never take our 'L' (Learners) Plates off, each day brings us new lessons and life experience.  It seems no matter how prepared we feel, as a parent - there is always something new that will come our way.  Now, I do not want to 'rock your world' but I have to say that not all of these experiences are straight from the movie 'Pleasantville' and thankfully so!  We have always tried to show our children that those things in life that challenge us and are hard, at times may even seem 'unfair' are the things that   bring character and will hold value in our lives and will one day be seen as a positive, on some level!.

I am so grateful to God for all He has done in my life and my family.  I see everyday the truth of this scripture - I know it is God that orchestrates the beauty in my life, and there is so much - seen and unseen.  Today as I honour my Mum and celebrate being a Mum, I cannot help but be mindful of Father God, who makes everything beautiful  in it's time...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecc 3:1 :

Have a wonderful day!!

Thank you to our sponsor Simon Says Stamp

You can see Sabrina's devotional on over at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Make sure you stop by the Design Team Blogs and see that gorgeous 'works of the heart' they have created for you!!

*Lisa Chris Grace * Kristine * MariLynn * Peggysue * Randi  (on break)* Miejse * Rebekka * Sabrina*
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Product Partner

You can also check out Layers of Color Art Stamps on our FACEBOOK GROUP  and  have a look at the Layers of Color Art Stamps FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!!  Your encouragement is such a blessing for me  - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow Linda! This is just stunning!I love the Websters (be mad not to, haha) and your birdcage tag is a gorgeous idea.
    Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day!
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, you've done it again. What a stunning card. All my favorite elements and colors. Happy Mother's Day. I'm glad your Mum is faithful in reading your posts. I have a feeling you'd be keeping up with your blog and sharing, even if she were the only reader. Hugs to you my friend, have a wonderful day. ~ Abby ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just Beautiful Linda..Gorgeous colors and details.
    May you have a Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vintage style card Linda... I so love your style.

    Happy Mother's Day

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully said, Linda! And your card is truly lovely and clever! I see you're getting good use of that new Tim Holtz die! ;)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Linda - truly a card with beautiful elements. Just love the colors! That design is awesome! I know about being knocked on your knees - been there more than once and am so thankful that I am never alone during those times. God always picks me back up and surrounds me in beauty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I know your mum will love it!! I love how you made the separate tag. Beautiful papers too. Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it!! I have been wanting that birdcage die for a while. I am wondering if it has to be cut in a sizzix? I have a Grand Calibur and a cuttlebug. And Happy Mother's Day to you!
    hugs, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed it is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and the Websters dp works so well. I like how you've stamped on the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was moved by the post on SSIC and then I saw your wonderful card. Had to pop over here to comment because it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Linda... this card is I think one of my most faves of yours!!! That bird cage tag is sheer genius! I Love the rich tones and all your little touches~ and of course your words of wisdom always touch the heart! It's interesting how all of life seems to be a mixture of joys and sorrows, and through it all God is working His will and His way, molding us and making us into the people He wants us to be! Happy Mothers Day to you my friend!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, this is soo beautiful! I adore birds and butterflies and you definately followed this challenge to a "T"... love it! Hope you have a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day. (or shall I say HAD?) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! You certainly used the items you have in a way that makes them shine! And what a blessing to have such a precious mom, how wonderful for you and your siblings, and a great example for you that you are presenting to your own children! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swoon! LOVE this, Linda!!! Your design is magnificent, gorgeous!

    Happy Mother's DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Linda, great card (love that bird cage!!), great thoughts, and you are one great lady!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Mother's Day my friend. To have a Mom like yours and the example she has been and continues to be is a true blessing!!

    Your card is gorgeous!! I just love the colors and the butterfly as well as the bird cage. Gorgeous!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty
    thank you for playing along this week at Raise The Bar
    love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful creation, the lace bow is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card with lovely tag too! nice d/p and embellish. Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sister's this week, good luck!
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exquisite, beautiful, fantastic, gorgeous, pretty, amazing... I ran out of words. I love how you colored the loc butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}