}

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MMSC75 Filigree Reindeer/ Soaring

Anyone know what time it is!?!? LOL!  It is Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge time - can you believe this is sketch 75 - skeery!  LOL!


For something different I have made a Christmas Card - using Layers of Color Reindeer Waltz art stamps....how could I resist when I was given this fabulous Basic Grey DP - it could not be more perfect for these art stamps!


I have embossed this divine reindeer with SU Gold Embossing Powder - I love the way it has turned out - so elegant!


Gold thread and has been attached and a snowflake fastened with a gem to keep it all in place (lets hope it works! LOL!)

My next card is created using Priscillas divine dragonfly - how can I resist this image!  I cannot use it enough!


I have coloured it with SU Chalks and cut out a second set of wings and popped them up on foam tape.  You can see the dimension below along with the detail on the wings.


 I have used some SU offcuts from my friend Ann - she keeps me in supply with all of her scraps - it does go to show that 'one man junk IS one man's treasure!!'  Thanks Ann!!

These cards are for the following Challenges:
Oldie but a Goodie - All Creatures Great and Small - both cards
Incy Wincy Designs - Faux It Up - card 2 - faux stitching
For Fun Challenges - Use Something You Have Never Used Before - DP
Stamp Something - Something Punchy - card 1 - snowflakes/card 2 Nestie Labels 4
Anything Goes Challenge - Christmas Come Early
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Sparkle and Shine - card 1
Hanna and Friends - Christmas cards - card 1
Gingerlot Challenge - All that Sprakles or Blings - both cards
Creative Cottage Challenge - Bling it On - both cards
Ai Factory Challenge - Embossing - card 1
Ellephantastic Challenge - Anything Goes - both cards

This week we are saying goodbye to one of our Guest Designers, Holly Miller. What an inspiration you are Holly, both as a player and a Guest Designer - Your Guest Diva time with us was wonderful and we loved getting to know you and work side by side with you. We hope to work with you again real soon. Thank you for all the inspirations you have shared with us through your talent of card making.   Next week will will be announcing our newest MMDT Guest Diva :)

This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.

Our MMSC74 Gold Star Award goes to...
2. Ann C.


Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
29. Hannah Butcher
41. Sarah T
46. Annika

Our MMSC weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

http://www.onestopcardcrafts.co.uk/
Our October Monthly is....
Make sure you check out all of the Design Team Blogs for inspiration - these girls are amazing!!

Carol  * Charlotte * Connie * Darsie * Denise * Gunn * Holly M

Holly R M * Marsha * Phyllis * Priscilla * Tracy
Thank you so much for coming to visit and for the constant lovely comments you leave for me!  I love seeing that you have been!  We would love to see you play along this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and also at the Crafter's Digital Art Centre - where things are moving along at a great pace - it is so much fun - Priscilla has a Group there too - it is PARTY CENTRAL!  LOL!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

34 comments:

  1. These are both exciting cards - love the reindeer, ( I am very fond of gold embossing) but the dragonfly is just awesome - and inspirational :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That dragonfly card is stunning! So, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stuff, you're very talented!
    www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can onl;y see the first picture... :-( but it is a gorgeous card! The embossed reindeer is so pretty! Thanks for sharing and for joining us for this weeks Ellephantastic challenge!
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great cards. I love the reindeer stamp which looks fab gold embossed.
    Thank you for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such stunning cards! thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie, however, we can't include your beautiful dragonfly card as this is a digi image, but thanks for sharing. only creations with stamped images over 6 months old are eligible.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! you always add such BEAUTIFUL details! What great takes on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee stunning cards. You've been busy!
    Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic this week.
    Hugs Elle DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas card is breathtaking, Linda. I love reindeer images and yours is fabulous; and that background paper could not be more perfect. What stunning work, my friend. To top it off, you worked your magic and created another fabulous card with Priscilla's gorgeous dragonfly for the challenge... Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards and colouring Linda..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are gorgeous. I love that reindeer. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda I really love both of your cards. They are both the "complete" and perfect package. I am just in awe with how well this reindeer matches your background paper. What an eye popper. And then I see you have a matching charm with your dragonfly and I am delighted with the imagery. Both are splendid. Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards
    Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful embossing on your reindeer card! Both cards are wonderful! Thank you for playing at AiFactory this week. Hope to see you back again soon!
    Georgia
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are beautiful Linda. Love the blue and green dragonfly! The pops of gem color are so pretty in the reindeer card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous! wonderful embossing and just beautiful cards! thanks for playing this week at AiFactory!
    -Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Linda, Your cards are amazing. Your layers of color one is striking! I LOVE your Christmas card too! The various colors simply pop! Wonderful take on the challenge!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with these great entries, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards! I love the images. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda!
    What can I say that have not already been said? Your reindeercard is gorgeous! how cool to have DP to match that awsome stamp!

    I am glad you keep using that dragonfly - cause noone else can give it life like you do.
    Fabolous cars as always!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Linda! What amazing cards again this week! That paper you used with the wonderful reindeer image is just the perfect match! You so know how to work that dragonfly image of Priscilla's too! Love it!! Hugs!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards - that reindeer is stunning
    Thanks for joining su at An Oldie but goodie challenge
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow,what fantastic cards and beautiful stamps i love what you done with them,thankyou for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie
    love n hugs
    liz
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning cards!!! I love it!! WOW Lynda your cards are amazing!
    Hugs,
    Lim

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh Linda, what can I say? You never fail to astound me with your fabulous cards!!
    Hugs, Darsie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow....such a lovely posting of artwork today. I love what you have done with the image and the embellies look like they have been made especially for this card. You have the midas touch when it comes to card crafting! Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Linda, what beautiful cards! I too will miss all of you at MMSC. I had a blast breaking outside of my comfort zone and creating art will all of the great images.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here you go again Linda. Two show stoppers this time. Your holiday card is lovely - love the embossed reindeer and your dragonfly is colored to the hilt. You do such incredible work. Priscilla is certainly blessed to have you on her team. I don't know what's happened to me, but I've turned nice!! Yikes!!

    Hugs
    Da Princess

    ReplyDelete
  31. Linda these are so beautiful! I think the reindeer card is so stunning - very elegant. I love that bit of blue with the other colors. GORGEOUS! And the dragonfly card is divine. What a feast for my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Linda, you've done an incredible job with both cards again this week. What a treat these are! The reindeer one is my fav...absolutely gorgeous! Your take on the sketch is lovely and your embellishments are always just the perfect touch. Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh la la I love your two cards this week (okay I am slow and they are last week) but I love them nonetheless! The reindeer is divine in gold! And the dragonfly sparkles look like it is actually fluttering. I promise I am not on anything. ;) So gorgeous!

    Love and Hugs,
    Holly R. Moore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}