}

Friday, October 22, 2010

LOC Shielded

Faith Art Friday is a special day for Layers of Color - it is all about our faith and not about sales - what a great concept is that!

As soon as I saw the New Release Flourish Crest cling art stamp I thought about the Armour of God....there is nothing I could say about it to expand - God's Word says it all in this scripture...


Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities
, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
 against spiritual wickedness in high places.


 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,
and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.


 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly,
to make known the mystery of the gospel. 
 Ephesians 6:10-19

So often I have heard it preached that we are to put on the armour of God daily, this was something I did as a new Christian and continued to do so for a number of years - but one day when reading it, I had to wonder where does  it say in the Word that we are to ever take it off!?!  It is something worth thinking about!!  I am sure there are many beliefs that we have formed from the words that we have heard preached from the pulpit - a great word, but it is brought to us through someone else and has their understanding - we need to go back to the Word of God ourselves and see just what God is really saying!!

This card is for the following challenges:
Meljens Designs - Anything at All
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything at All
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Craftilicious Challenges- Anything Goes
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!...

and...
Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

12 comments:

  1. POWERFUL word of God, blended with a beautiful symbol representing the word picture. Grandly done, Linda! I'm always so blessed by your faith art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Linda. I just recently used that fleur de lis image for a Card Patterns post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty! I love that shade of green you used! Just pops on the frame! Vintage loveliness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the fluer de lis image for the shield. I like the hymn you included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful thoughts Linda. Such wonderful project with such great details.Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! What wonderful colors you've used!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is so beautiul!!! Girl, I have been trying to leave you comments, but every time I hit the 'post comment' button Blogger gives me the boot :C:C. I have no idea what is going on, but know that I am not ignoring you! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, beautiful words, wonderful imagery both in the Word and the art.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...so, so pretty!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs!
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very pretty. Love the fluer de lis. Thanks for joining us this week for Anything Goes at Meljen's Designs.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours - beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}