}

Sunday, October 10, 2010

SSIC LOC Merci Bouquet

This weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge is brought to us by our newest Sister,  Patti, who has brought  us the following verse


 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with Thanksgiving  1 Timothy 4:4

Patti has challenged us to create either a Thanksgiving card, or simply a Thank You card.

I have used the Layers of Color art stencils to create the DP - Laura has encouraged me to do so many a time and I am not sure why I was hesitant to take the plunge, but I am really loving creating my own DP - this is for you Laura!  LOL!  I have used the Botanical Swirls art stencil and the added touches of the Belle Brocade art stencil around the edges and on the corners as accents


Merci Bouquet and Her Majesty's Urns  art stamps from Layers of Color for the main image.  The flowers have been stamped twice and one set cut out, coloured with SU Chalks and popped up on foam tape for extra dimension.  I have coloured the urn with two colours to try and give an aged look!


You can see the dimension in this photo.

This post is shorter as it seems blogger is feeling a bit 'touchy' tonight and has wiped some of my post - I will be back later yo try and update it!!

This is for the following Challenge:
My Grafico - Pop it Up and Add Dimension 
 
For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:


You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Linda!! I so love the richness of it and the dp you created with the stencil. So elegant and cheery!! Gorgeous! Have a blessed Sunday and week!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful Linda!!! Still one of my favorite sets and these colors are delish!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is absolutely beautiful and I really appreciate the close-up pictures of the image. You are such an encouragement to me and I'm so glad to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda!

    I am sorry that I have not been around to your blog as much as I should have lately. I have taken a good look around today though and WOW. You are amazing. Your cards are always so rich, so warm and so beautiful!
    You are so creative with how you use your stamps, you can use the same stamp over and over again I don't always recognize them beacause you have done something new with them.

    I did not really need to know that LOC is releasing new stamps....

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda this is gorgeous.. I just love this urn and how you colored this so beautifully.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is beautiful - so vintage looking! I love the colors too! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly lovely, Linda. I love the layered flowers and how beautifully you colored everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Linda! You have colored beautifully, and that image just speaks of thanks. I love the vintage, worn look of it! You rock, dear sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hun, sorry for being so long in between visits (I have been just terrible lately)! Superb card sweetie, just love that image and your colours are brilliant. Simply fantastic. Hope you are ok. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, I just love the vintage distressed feel and the popped up flowers is perfect. Thanks so much for joining the MyGrafico Challenges this week! I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, this is drop-dead gorgeous. It just needs to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous and beautiful, Linda! Pretty, pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl, let me tell you that I absolutely LOVE this card!!! The coloring is amazing as always. Thanks for sharing this BEAUTY!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love what you did with the image, popping it up like that. Great color too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful Linda! Love the way you layered the flowers and such rich colors...I love this set :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda this is a fabulous card - love the way you have made the pot and flowers the focal point and taken the eye straight to it by shading the edge of the oval with the green. Just stunning!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I first glimpsed this card I wondered where you found that gorgeous dp that went so perfectly with your beautiful focal image.....then I read your post and found that you designed it yourself! Wonderful card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful, Linda!! Your card just glows...I love the effect, and your dp adds so much interest, glad you gave it a go!!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful work here, always love coming by to see what you are up to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}