}

Friday, October 29, 2010

LOC CP Flower Doily

I have created this card for the Card Patterns Challenge using Layers of Colours Flowering Gems art stamp set - it is such a pretty set and the flowers always come out beautifully in any style!


This is the sketch - very CAS, which is harder for me, but I am happy with the result!


I embossed the SU Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder swiping the Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Pad Tattered Rose over it, which gives such a  gorgeous effect!  I have had some requests for a tutorial for this technique and will be doing one in the next week - so watch this space!  LOL! 


I used a new DieCut that my DH got me  - it is called Lace Doily by Scrapping Cottage - don't you just love it!  I will be using this often - bring on those sketches with circles!  LOL!

Here you can see the added shimmer on the flowers using Kindy Glitz.


This gorgeous bow is made using satin ribbon from a RAK from my dear friend Sabrina,  I used by Bow Easy and added the flower gem.

This is for the following Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Punch 'Em
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Let's Get Punchy
Fab'n Funky - Clean and Simple
Speedy the Cat's Friends - DieCuts and punches
Creative Card Crew - Let's Punch It

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!...

and...
Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

19 comments:

  1. Linda, this is too beautiful for words, my friend!!! WOW, you sure have outdone yourself!! Awww how sweet of Ron to get this die for you....looks amazing!!! Hope all is well! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Linda! Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw - and you think you can't do CAS - this is a stunner my friend!! Love every bit of it.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty work, Linda! I love this gorgeous card!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's die cut/punch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW this is so beautiful and elegant.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that die cut is awesome! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!!! Linda, this is absolutely fantastic!!! I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is gorgeous, Linda! I love the colors and the textures! Can't wait to see that tutorial on the DP, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Linda a simple sketch but you've created a beautiful classy card.
    Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew,
    hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning. I love the embossed paper and that die cut is well, to die for:) Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CAS card, even if it is tough for you to do, lol. The flowering gems flower is beautiful, really like how you colored and embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Linda! What an beautiful card. I just love your design and that ribbon with bling is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew.
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card, I love the ribbon with the bling detail! Thanks for joining us at FnF this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! I'm diggin' the colors! The flower is beautiful, too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at FnF this week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fantastic card. Love the design and your lace doily die cut!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Linda, totally elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty & creative. I also like the sparkles, ribbon & bling.
    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}