}

Sunday, October 24, 2010

SSIC LOC A Touch of Pink

It is a very special week at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - it is Breast Cancer Awareness Week and like you, we all know someone special who has been touched by this terrible disease, including our gorgeous Design Team sister Randi.


Our wonderful sister Chris has chosen this beautiful scripture to share this week

My health may fail, My spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Psalm 73:26

Chris has encouraged us to  think of someone who has cancer as you create your card/project and pray for them....and the challenge is...

In recongition of Breast Cancer Awareness week please use a pink ribbon and primarily pink on your card


I have used the Layers of Color new release Cottage Rose cling art stamp and coloured it - naturally pink - how fitting for this wonderful Cause.  Now I have to say the gorgeous chiffon ribbon is actually a soft baby pink but the photo has not captured it properly!


The rose is coloured with SU Chalks, cut out - yes some very fussy cutting was done here, but oh so worth it!  I have popped it up onto a Oval, using Nesties Large Oval.  The Vintage Corners have had pearls added as a finishing touch!


This scripture is perfect for this week and holds a truth that we all need to encompass.  Regardless of our circumstances,  whatever state our health and bodies are, whether they be in peak condition and serving us well, or we are battling with various ailments and diseases - the truth is that God is the strength of our heart - and that remains forever!  This is so true - these bodies, no matter how well looked after they are, they are temporal, not at all designed for eternity.

We are limited by our bodies to a certain degree and for some, they can tie us down and stop us doing all that we can - but the heart - it is not stopped by anything, when it is centred on God!  Often God uses our health, or lack of it (note I did not say CAUSES IT!) to make us call on Him - sadly, that is what it takes for some of us!!  I love the scripture Chris chose today and came across it in the Living Translation ( don't you love e-Sword!)

 My flesh and my heart waste away; God is the rock of my heart and my portion forever.

Psa 73:26 (LIVT)

and the Good News Bible

 My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need.

Psa 73:26

This card is for the following challenge:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz Challenges - Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes

For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:


You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

We are excited to invite you to join us on facebook  so come by and say hello and Flickr - we would love you to come and join us We can all share and get inspired by the photos on show there! Please join us!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

15 comments:

  1. Linda this rose is gorgeous. Beautiful card and beautiful details. Have a great week {hugs} :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that rose! I was all ready to sniff the monitor to smell that wonderful rose scent! :-) Beautiful card Linda! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that rose is gorgeous! Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Stamping Royalty this week.
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Linda. Great coloring on that rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Linda! Love this rose blossom and it speaks for itself! Great devotional thoughts this week. This happens to be one of my "special" verses and is dear to my heart! Grabbing a quick insecure internet while away so must hurry! Will catch up when I get home! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, that rose is such a standout. And the little corner embellishments, they add such an elegant touch! Fabulous job as always my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this is one fabulous card and every detail in it is perfect. God bless your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Linda! The card and thoughts, I mean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Linda!! I so love your rose and the sheer elegance of this pink creation. Your take on the verse is perfect!! It sometimes does take our health or other trials in our lives to focus on him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda Lou that is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda this is fabulous - so very pretty and beautifully coloured and composed - as ever.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Linda this is just amazing, the detail you have in your design and colourwork is fabulous, thanks for entering my candy, good luck. Joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful rose linda, great card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey sweet friend! Your rose card is GORGEOUS! perfect take on the SSCC Challenge! you guys are such an inspiration to me! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}