}

Sunday, October 3, 2010

SSIC Let Heaven and Nature Sing

It is Sunday and time for this weeks Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.  This week our very own Rebekka is taking us back to the very beginning with this wonderful scripture from Genesis - we are going back to the very beginning!


'In The Beginning GOD Created The Heavens and The Earth'  Gen. 1:1


Rebekka has challenged us to create a nature card or project, using anything pertaining to nature,birds,trees, flowers, mts. the sky is the limit.

What a perfect challenge to do a layout of this gorgeous rose, my DH took this photo this rose 'Double Delight'.  It is growing on one side on an archway that goes into our 'Tuscany' area and the perfume as you walk past is just divine.

You just have to know I am going to use the Layers of Color Butterfly Collector Clear Art Stamps.


We only have to look around us to see evidence of God the Creator.  I am sure we all know the feeling of looking at the garden and the amazing variety and intricacies of flora and fauna to know that it all didn't come together by chance - there had to be a Creator - the evidence is stacked in his defence! LOL!

My youngest daughter came home from school in her first year and told me with such awe, that some people believe we came from monkeys and other believe it started with a big bang - and then she shook her head and said, 'it takes more faith to believe that than it does to believe in god - doesn't it Mum!  What an amazing revelation to come from a 5 years old.  She continues to astound us with her knowledge of the truth and the eyes she sees it through!
As artists ourselves, I think we would have more of an understanding of what it means to create - it is evident to me that God did not just throw things together and leave it at that - we would be none the wiser, but no, He is a God of excellence and created it all perfectly - infact when He stood back and looked he said 'it is good!'  As beautiful as our gardens may look - it is nothing compared with the beauty that God created in the beginning - amazingly enough any deterioration is not on God's part, but is due to what man has done with it all!!

I thought I would show you some of Gods creation I enjoy as I wander out into our garden




Weeping Cherry Tree


Our Tuscany area - this outdoor room is a favourite place for us to enjoy the garden, under the shade of a sail!

A special thank you to Nina Brackett who is our sponsor this week.


One blessed player will be winning this gorgeous set of stamps designed by Nina - I wish I was playing this week! LOL!

I am linking this layout to the following Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - W for Wings
Create with Connie and Mary - Anything But a Card
Paper Pretties - Animal or Animal Print
Flutterby Wednesday - Butterfly, fairy or angle - with sparkle
Karbers Weekly Challenges - Hobby and Leisure - garden
 
For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:


You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

17 comments:

  1. wow this is simply stunning gosh really love what you have created here hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Linda, and it does take more faith to believe in evolution :). Gorgeous garden, aren't you blessed to have such beauty around you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Linda! Not only is your page stunning but your entire garden is!!! I loved your words today... we were on the same thought track for sure! Beautiful post Linda! Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Linda, to be young and wise again...I just love the art you are showing us and the beautiful creations we live in!


    I know you have had many awards, and maybe you had this one, but I felt I wanted to share this one with you sweet friend. So check out my blog, there is one for you there Lindalou.

    Hug yourself for me and the whole family. xo Auntie Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. First - I want to come sit in your Tuscany outdoor room! Second - I think that the faith of children is the most pure - third - Love, love that card! Everything (except a few bugs) God creates is beyond wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't commented on several of your recent posts, but not because I didn't like them, I've just been ill with a head cold and crazy tired from job. Beautiful post. Out of the mouths of babes, huh? Wow. Your sb page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Karber Weekly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What stunning photos Linda!! YOu are quite the photographer. You have missed your calling girl!! That room is my fave.

    Gorgeous post and card!! Loved reading your thoughts. So true. It is all PERFECT! Your card with the rose and the stunning colors which are so bright and beautiful and your details are amazing! Have a great week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words and a gorgeous card. Your rose looks good enough to eat!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda this is a masterpiece!! The detail and colours are just beautiful!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos and embellishments are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! Lots of detail and color on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos! Great page! Thanks for playing along with Create wtih Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous - i love the butterflies and the paper flower - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...what beautiful pictures! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining Alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}