}

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MMSC74 Little Angel/Soaring

What a week it has been - it seems like yesterday that the last Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge was posted - but that was a week ago and we are here with some NEW inspiration for you!  I always look forward to Priscilla's sketches and don't think I would know how to make a card without one!  LOL!


How adorable is this image - I am using one of our weekly sponsors images Studio 313 by Shawne!  Shawne, as some of you may remember was an original Midnight Madness Design Team Member and is now one of the Prestigious Alumni!  It is a pleasure to be using her gorgeous image - Shawne, I hope I have done it justice!!


this image is coloured with SU Chalks and had some SU Dazzling Diamonds added to her wings!

My next card is made using one of Priscilla's gorgeous butterflies available at ''priscillastyles" Stores- I will never get sick of using this image - it is divine!


I have used a lot of texture with this card - once again I have inked the SU Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder to create the effect on the DP - it makes such rich and deeply etched texture - you have to love that!   The smaller squares are cut from the same Embossing Folder and layered into black CS, all edges are sponged around and distressed lightly.


I have tried to keep the butterfly more subtle, it was almost monochromatic but I could not resist adding that touch of yellow - it brought this winged beauty to life - then of course there is the Kindy Glitz....perfect for some shimmer!  The wings are popped up on foam tape and a pearl is added to the body of the butterfly!
My final card is my 'priscillastyles" Design Team card using the MMSC - I have used Priscilla's cat image to make a more whimsical card.  The DP is from SU - I love the colour combo in this - I have a lovely variety of SU DP's as My SU Demo and friend Ann is always passing bits and pieces to me, saying ; would you use this!? Of course I would - thanks Ann - I love it all! 


The cat is coloured with SU Chalks and popped up onto the fabulous Nestibilitie Leaf, which is part of a RAK from my dear friend Maxine (aka Kiwime) Thank you Maxine - it is just perfect for this card!!


Phew - there you go - three cards this week and loving every minute of it!  Now, here is what you have been waiting for....this weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.


Our MMSC73 Gold Star Award goes to...
#46 Miesje
Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
#7 Nancy Williams

#40 Pam124
#51 Valarie


Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

Our MMSC weekly Bonus sponsor is.....

Our October Monthly is....

These cards are for the following Challenges:
Craft Your Days Away - Baby - card 1
Alphabet - W for Wings - cards 1 and 2
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Sparkle an Shine
Creative Cottage - Bling -  cards 1 and 2
Stamp Something - Somthing to Celebrate - card 1
Gingerloft Creations - All that Glitter or Blings - card 1 and 2

Make sure you check out all of the Design Team Blogs for inspiration - these girls are amazing!!

Carol  * Charlotte * Connie * Darsie * Denise * Gunn * Holly M

Holly R M * Marsha * Phyllis * Priscilla * Tracy
Thank you so much for coming to visit and for the constant lovely comments you leave for me!  I love seeing that you have been!  We would love to see you play along this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and also at the Crafter's Digital Art Centre - where things are moving along at a great pace - it is so much fun - Priscilla has a Group there too - it is PARTY CENTRAL!  LOL!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

22 comments:

  1. Three absolutely fantastic cards Linda. I struggle just making one and you come up with 3 beauties..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness this cardmaker is busy! I love all your cards, especially the baby one...those are kind of my faves anywhow! Great textures my dear. Always fun to visit your Central! hugsxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are amazing, Linda! Love the adorable baby card...such a vintage feel to it that I LOVE!! The butterfly is beautiful with the pearl flourishes, and the PS cat...soooo adorable all done up for fall!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda, What wonderful cards you have created again this week and 3 of them! Love them all!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my 5th try to comment here - lovely wee angel and awesome butterfly -
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have outdone yourself again with all these cards Linda. Each one of them is gorgeous in their own capacity. I love how you put the big pearl in the center of the Butterfly. Just wonderful creations.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda!! Awesome take on the sketch!! Not one but three takes! YOu are incredible!! My fave is the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! All three! You absolutely did my image justice and then some, it is precious, I love the vintage look and all the texture, stunning coloring really just beautiful! Thank you SO much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is me trying to catch my breath! What a talent you are, all three are beautiful but that butterfly card is simply divine! Wowzer girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three cards in one post?! Yes, what I've suspected all along is true....you ARE wonder woman!

    Seriously, these are all wonderful...but that butterfly card made me just sit an gawk! All of the elegant layering...the amazing texture...just fabulous, Linda. TFS! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your cards! They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one of a kind Linda! How do you find the time week after week to make both two and three awsome creations for the MMSC/PSDT and you have other DT commitments too.. You are DA Superwoman!

    The butterfly card is the one of the prettiest I have ever seen. LOVE all the textures!

    Take care my friend. See you over at the CDAC ;o)

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful cards linda, great colors and papers you have used

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three beautiful cards - I love the embossing and distressed edges. Thank you so much for joining in with our Babies challenge at Craft Your Days Away

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet and CYDA challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Linda, these are all fantastic. I am so in love with the SU wallpaper EF that I may just have to order it.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, you are amazing.... not one but three fantastic cards! Each and every card is beautiful. You are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Linda, you are just a card making machine :) I just love everything about all your cards..you amaze me week after week at your consistence of quality and verity...you NEVER lack mojo and are a lot like the energizer bunny....you just keep going and going and going..LOL
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, I might not be the fave any more, but I will always be a Princess. You can't take that away from me. I have a certificate on my gallery to prove it!! LOL!!

    Linda, are you serious - 3 cards from this sketch. I don't know how you do it and each one so unique and beautiful. I love all 3 of them and LOVE to come visit your spectacular talent!!

    Hugs
    Da Princess

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet and adorable card Linda!! Love the vintage and gorgeous take on of this layout :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay miss Linda Lou! Card 1: Stunning, Card 2: Divine, Card 3: Adorable! hee hee from little me!

    But really, that baby angel is lovely. Wonderful how she floats above the page with the distressing. And the texture on your butterfly card is out of this world gorgeous! AND, I love the color you have done the kitty card with.

    Knockin' my socks off you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Holly R. Moore

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful baby card, love the vintage look and the dreamy image.

    Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our baby challenge.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}