}

Sunday, October 31, 2010

LOC SSIC All that is Good

There are many thing I love about the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, The Design Team, who are such a blessing, the opportunity to share in Gods Word and the fact that so many of you play along with us!


I am honoured to be hosting this weeks challenge and have chosen the following scripture:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things
Philippians 4:8

My challenge this week is to make a card or project that is all white or cream, something that is pure


This was a challenge for me as I could not even do sponging, although I could distress the edges but no ink!!  I embossed the white CS using the SU Vintage Wallpaper and added a Strip of embossed sentiment,

Some sheer ribbon with some dazzling dots is added, along with a bow and topped with a layered flower - the top layer being a gorgeous crochet flower and a large pearl brad has been added!


Finishing off with the gold embossed Layers of Color  butterfly from the Butterfly Collector art stamp set, this is flanked by two punched butterflies and of course I had to add pearls!!

I have loved this scripture for many years and have tried to apply it to my life from the moment I understood what it means. We all know it is easy to see the negative in things, to bypass all of the good and to focus on that which is negative. In fact, we can easily get caught up in the negative and before long we find ourselves missing all of the good and only seeing the bad. Our perspective changes and this, in turn, can affect us at the very core of our being!

Are you a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" person? I have always tended to be a "glass half full" person. Even if my glass was half empty, I would just be happy that I had a glass at all! But if I'm not careful I can find myself quietly agreeing with those who may be noting the negative in a situation, or, even worse, on a person, maybe even someone we love. Before too long the negatives come up before all of the good!

This is NOT what God wants for us and not at all what I desire for my own life! We have the following scripture printed out and hung on the bathroom door so it's there for us to read every day and help us refocus on the good things rather than the negative:

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

This card is for the following challenges:
Our DailyBread Designs - your choice of our top 3 challenges at ODBD:
1- Sparkle 2- Dies or Punches 3- Texture it
Paper Take Weekly - Sparkly (ribbon) and bright
Craft Purple Frog - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge - No Designer Paper

For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered, we are thrilled that Layers of Color is a Spellbinders Preferred Stamp Company

Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect with many more LOC friends - You're invited to join the fun!... and... Layers of Color Art Stamps has a new FLICKR GROUP where you can upload your LOC artwork and be inspired by hundreds of fabulous LOC creations! You are going to LOVE it!!

Making your creative world more colorful with Layers of Color!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here, it is appreciated!!!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

19 comments:

  1. wow linda this card is gorgeous and elegant.
    love the white and gold shades.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful devotional Linda and such an elegant card. I just love all the embossing and textures. Beautiful design!
    Have a great week!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that card! It is so pure and pretty. I truly am a glass half full kind of person too, even though my post was a bit more troubled than usual. Your scripture choice helped me a lot this week. Thanks for that. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda the texture in this card really makes it pop even without sponging! I'm glad to see you used gold ep though coz I was worried I might have blown the challenge! LOL! A wonderful verse this week and wonderful reflection!!! I too use the verse a lot, especially when talking with youth who are depressed, etc. Thanks for bringing it to us this week!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning my sister;) What a wonderful devotion this morning, a great reminder for me to really-really keep mindful of.

    What a gorgeous card, love the embossing and love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge this week! I loved having to come up with something 'pure'!!! Your card is magnificent! I love all of the special details you added! Thanks for a great scripture choice this week, as well. It gave me much to think about. Have a good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beauty. I adore the white and cream together. I try to be a glass 1/2 full, and I agree if it were 1/2 empty, I'd be thankful I had any at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a marvel how God transforms our hearts and minds, if we allow him to. These are my walking verses, those that I live by each and every day. The living Truth of them can be nothing short of miraculous! Praise God!

    It's wonderful how you are able to use only white and yet still create a card with your signature warmth. A true beauty, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous Christmas card - so many lovely details...


    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this card. The challenge looks great! I tend to get negative very easily, and the reminder to think about what is good, pure, etc., is so important for me. Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow linda this is simply stunning wow just love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow dear sweet Lindalou! Gotta say that I truly enjoy reading about the white being challenging, I can relate. Though, you seemed to have made the white come out so beautifuly, with textures, crocheted flower( LOVE THESE) and the beautiful pearl brad, and can't miss that golden butterfly.

    What a treat for the eyes! Hugs to you and yoursxoPeggy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! And such a great challenge you came up with for this week. I can't wait to sit down and create my card to join in. Thank you for playing along at 2 Sisters Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the wonderful embossing! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey girl!! I had not noticed your challenges. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.
    It is just so elegant and gorgeous my friend.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, Linda, Linda, girl, you never cease to amaze me!!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and the message....amazing!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a soft and pretty design Linda! Lovely butterfly on this and your embossing is perfect. I am a glass half full person myself and when trials come certainly pray He helps me to trust in him through the harder times. Thanks for the encouragement, even if I am slower getting around to blog hopping :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful card Linda! What a talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}