}

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MMSC77 Snow Day/Snow Angel

For this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge I think I have followed a theme - funny really as we are going from winter to summer so we are leaving this weather behind us, but how would I resist this adorable image from I Did It Creations - I don't know what draws you to an image but these whimsical images just call my name - I think it is to do with the shape and of course the colouring potential!


I coloured her with SU Chalks and a Blender Pen - no surprises there are there!  LOL! The card stock layers have been embossed with the Snowflake folder and I have inked it before embossing to get this effect - I love the way it looks and have decided the love the lighter colours using this technique, it gives a more of a washed technique.


I have used Tim Holtz Distressing Inks and decided to use brown as well, Walnut Stain I think.  The fibre added a great touch but was a tricky little thing to get to stick - several layers of skin later, I am happy with the result,  Snowflakes and gems are the finishing touches to this wintry wonderland.

Below I am using one of Priscilla's newest images - her Angel - my photos just do not so this card any justice, it is full or sparkle and bling and takes this angel to another dimension!


Hopefully you can see some of the bling and shimmer here - well, juts s hint of it anyway!


These are for the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Add Glitter and Sparkle - both cards
Gingerloft - Winter - both cards
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes - both cards
Aly's Sunday Sketch - Distressed - both cards
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Anything Goes - both cards
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle - both cards
Stamp Something - Use Something Digi - both cards
Ai Factory Challenge - Brown and Blue - Card 1
Charisma Cardz - Vintage - Card 1
Delightful Sketches - Christmas - both cards
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes - both cards
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - Anything Goes but Buttons and Bows

This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC76 Gold Star Award goes to
#3 Betty Wright

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to
#23 Rita
#25 Brenda K
#40 Sandee
#54 Artesania/Gudrun

Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)


Our MMSC77 weekly Bonus sponsor is

is proud to sponsor this challenge.
Robyn's Fetish  Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations,
 
Our October Monthly is....

Make sure you check out all of the Design Team Blogs for inspiration - these girls are amazing!!

Thank you so much for coming to visit and for the constant lovely comments you leave for me!  I love seeing that you have been!  We would love to see you play along this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and also at the Crafter's Digital Art Centre - where things are moving along at a great pace - it is so much fun - Priscilla has a Group there too - it is PARTY CENTRAL!  LOL!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

29 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, you created two fabulous holiday creations! What a fabulous winter wonderful -- I adore the snow day image, which you colored beautifully and cut out perfectly! You design is gorgeous. Love Priscilla's new angel and your fantabulous take on the sketch to showcase it. Would you look at all the details. Awesome work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beautiful cards Linda..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful creations.....with so much fabulous detail and brilliant colouring!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda these are just so lovely - one would never know you don't live in a snowy country you have portrayed the snow so well!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! the top card is just beautiful. I love everything about it. You color so beautifully. What a stunner. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! Thank you for sharing with us at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

    Maggie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda you ability to use fibers and textures is amazing to me. I really love the wispy touch of fiber on the Wintry Boy card. The flower rhinestones on the angel card are magnificent. These are both exceptional and filled with so much to delight the eye. Great job with the sketch and both images this week BFF.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, lovely cards,

    Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cards are looking beautiful linda.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK....Both of these cards are just the BOMB!!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love, the blues you have used in each of them. However, I, like you, am in love with that first image. I think this is one I will have to go over and get myself. I would love to know what you have used on the embossed panel that is giving it a shimmery look...just so pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda!
    You have made two gorgeous wintercards. That must be kind of wierd for you, making wintercards while you are heading for summer down there.
    I have not seen Priscillas angel before - she is adorable!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, both of your cards are gorgeous. You are definately a master in the chalks catagory! Your coloring is always wonderful. Beautiful details too!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lovely Linda - wow it's been a while since I last visited! I hope you are well!

    Your talent certainly lessened - these are fabulous!!

    Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss - I hope you can share more of your inspiration with us at our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for playing at Aly's and Gingerloft!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another double winner! Please share what you used to get the fiber to stick, I have tried many things without much success!
    Both of your cards (as always) are gorgeous and inspire me to try various techniques. That blue is scrumptious and looks amazing on both cards!! I just love stopping by and being inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful, Linda! Great take on the sketch, beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, You have just doubled everyone's eye candy experience this week! Fabulous design, coloring and embellishments on your "snow day" creation- just love the blue ad brown! Your angel is also spectacular!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic card linda! thanks for entering this week at AIF's blue/brown challenge!
    -Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great cards. I love those fancy fibres. Thanks for playing along with AiFactory.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda, oh Linda...two beautiful cards from you today! I so love the blues in both...just perfect for the winter themes! That angel is AMAZING...I MUST HAVE IT! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful creations Linda! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderful whimsical creation you have done with your snow card! I feel like I am being pulled right into the scene! So wonderful!!!Both cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing with AiFactory this week! I hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a wonderful project! I love everything about it, thanks for join us at IDIC. I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a wonderful project! I love everything about it, thanks for join us at IDIC. I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations. You were picked as a top 3 this week at the Gingerloft challenge. Thanks so much for playing and you get to be a GDT member for a next challenge and get a free digi to play with. E-mail me at Alyssasmom98@aol.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous cards, once again, Linda! Love your color tones and overall great coloring!
    Hugs, Darsie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Linda the fiber trim on your first card is wonderful with the snowy, bundled up image! And the angel is so sweet! The snowflakes on both just make me long for a white winter!! Beautiful work again!

    Have a wonderful week and a happy November!
    Holly R. Moore

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Linda!
    Congrats on being chosen Top 3 over at Gingerloft challenge! She has some fab digis! Can't wait to see what you create with them!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}