}

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

MMSC14 Baby Elephant Walk

It is time for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I have done this one earlier than I usually do.....how could I resist this adorable little elephant from Layers of Color...I just want to 'squeeze' him - but he would probably do that to me! LOL! This image is from the Layers of Color - 'Polka Dot Parade.' The animals in it are gorgeous and will be showing up on my Blog in the near future - I need more hours in the day!! LOL!

Elephants are very special in Australia at the moment, as we have had the arrival of a beautiful baby boy elephant at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, he stole the hearts of the Nation and made the loss more bearable of our beautiful Koala Sam, who was seen world wide as he drank from the Firefighters water bottle and became the symbol of hope after 'Black Saturday' and the Melbourne Bush Fires.

I coloured this image with pearlised chalks, giving a lovely shimmer amongst the shading, The flag has Kindy Glitz added to 'bring it to life!' The gorgeous DP is from a Blog Candy that I received last week from Tracey in New Zealand (yay New Zealand) Tracey had included a pile of 6x6 papers and I am loving them all, I have 2 other cards cut out ready to put together with those papers. I have added some gold highlights to the DP with a Gold Gel Pen, but they are hard to capture on camera.

A length of lace runs behind the layered image, which I must add...the Labels 4 Nestie Die Cut is from a gorgeous package I received from Sabrina (aka okimom2girlz on SCS) You can see it here! Everything in it is perfect for me - what a blessing Sabrina - thank you so much! I have also added a Fiskars Border Punch which has been sponged and layered on black CS, with a Ribbon Tag and ribbon added (also from Sabrina) The final touch was the bling added along the bottom of the card and Nail Bling added to the Nesties - I love the Nail Bling, it is so subtle but adds so much!

Thank you so much for looking and for the comments you have been leaving - you make my day...I love knowing that you have visited!! It has been cold and wet here today....you know what that meant - yes...CARD MAKING!!! LOL!! I hope your day is full of love and laughter!!! God bless you!

EDIT: I have just come across the Whimsey Stamps Challenges which is all about Animal Magic and have linked this card to it - I just love finding new challenges!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Linda... this is just fabulous!!! Your dp couldn't be a better fit! The coloring is sooo wonderful! I want a lesson on coloring with chalks!!! Seriously!!! You need to do a tutorial or else play hostess to me so I can come learn in person! Love your pierced nestie and the little flag and lace... perfect!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Linda!!!! That Ellie is just too cute!!! Great paper choice and love your layout and the touches of bling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just darling. I love the image. Your paper piercing is beautiful. Thank you for entering my blog candy. Good luck. Glad I found your blog.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique take on the Elephant stamp, Linda! It's totally fantastic!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda.... Yes I'm finally finding some time to catch up with everything you've been up to! How busy you must be! I just love this card, that Elephant is just so cute and what a perfect choice of background pattern paper. Just beautiful as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore the colours and how lovely you designed this card. I saw the baby elephant at the zoo as you know and his mother would be proud of you...there are so many other cute animals on cards but not that many elephants used that I recall any way! Congrats! x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}