}

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

His Holy Name - Judge


Yay, I am finally getting caught up with my His Holy Name challenges, this one is for the current study on the Attributes of God - Judge is the topic of this one!

The minute we think of God as a Judge we all think of doom and gloom....I have certainly read many scriptures of the consequences of sin and judgement, but there are also many that tell is that God judges the heart - if our hearts are for Him and right with Him, we have nothing to fear!

I was greatly comforted by this scripture - the Lord is our judge, lawgiver and KING will care for us and SAVE US!! That is good enough for me - I know that there are many times in my life I need saving - mostly from myself!!! I am often the biggest hindrance in my relationship with God..I need to get out of the way and often can't see that - but the Lord will save me!! PHEW!!

There is a lot of symbolism in this card - you know how I love symbolism with these....The chair represents God's Throne, the Crown, the fact that the Lord is King and the Dove is the Holy Spirit! The wings are symbolic of celestial beings and the Bible, of God's Word, which will never pass away, which we are judged by! I have used purple and gold as they represent royalty...our Lord is King!
The chair is from the Flourishes set 'Three Chairs for You' and the crown from Layers of Color set Royal Birds and the wings are also Layers of Color from the Beloved Wings. I have added Kindy Glitz and Gold Gel pen to add shimmer and sparkle to this card, not all over but on the crown and the wings....you can see how much it adds in the close up!


This is also for the Flourishes Birthday Celebration - 2 years old - Fit for Royalty Challenge. I love the Flourishes Challenges!

Thank you for stopping by and for all of your comments - you are so encouraging!! If you have the time to leave a comment, please do - I love to know you have been!! I hope you are having a great day! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Linda!!!! These images are so YOU and you are doing a wonderful job creating with them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are very creative! I found your blog from Carolyns blog that you visited and I thought I would come by and visit! I am very glad that I did!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much for your sweet comments on my blog...see you soon!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Linda!! His HOly Name Challenges are a perfect way to stay centered on what is really important in life! Thanks for beginning my day with inspiration! Awesome verse, image, coloring, and colors! Love the dry embossed frame.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, wonderful depth of thought and symbolism, Linda! A beautiful way to glorify God and express your faith! Superb card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}