}

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Happy Reason


I have really come to love scrapbooking and cannot believe that seven months ago I had not one page done - now I only have one page to do and I will have completed an album. It is a great feeling for me as part of the desire for scrapbooking is to leave a sense of 'belonging' for my children, I want them to be able to look at the pages and not only who they are, but what they mean to me. I have battled with the journaling, especially as I am posting the pages here and on my gallery on SCS...I don't mind some general journaling on the front but have decided to write the 'heart felt' emotions in the back of the page, that way it is still private, but written down!!
I have felt that since staring on the Design Team for Layers of Color my pages have taken on a new dimension....I have to say I just love using their stamps, it all just comes together - I don't know of you have ever had that feeling, but it is as if they were made just for me...and working with them is always such a pleasure! I had previously battled with this photo, I love it..that adorable face with that heart melting smile and of course the missing tooth, but I have found it hard to scrapbook school photos...once I started it all came together quickly!
I started with making my own DP, something I don't do that often, I am not sure why!! I have seen inspired by the other DT's over at Layers of Colorand decided to create my own. I used the Nature Walk set and Distressing ink and did the darker color first, then stamped off the blue, softening the look with SU Chalks/Pastels. I then chalked the thistle image from Garden Borders and layered it onto the coloured blocks from the Architectural Blocks set! This was all added to the photo which had been layered into DS, the first layered being torn and sponged. The three gold buttons were added at the bottom and this qualifies it for the Pile it On Challenge where we are required to do things in three - three buttons, three tags on the side, three layers of paper...this qualifies. It also has to qualify for at least one other challenge...and that one would be Bizzy Bec's Creatilicious Challenges where the theme is to make something for Dad - well, this page is masculine and is part of a gift I am making for DH....so technically it qualifies! Finally Stampin' is all about chalking - and I have done that on this page. B Challenge

The sentiment on the Nesties Label 1 is a Kaiser Rub On, which I had to cut into suitable lengths, the sentiments down the other side are from various sets and are perfect for this boy! All sentiments have been raised up on SU Dimensionals. To finish off I have added touches of Kindy Glitz and Tim Holtz Distressed Stickles.

Thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment if you can - I love to know that you have been!! God bless you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Linda! This is the most beautiful page!!! LOVE these stamps you used and how you colored and distressed the coloring to get that vintagey feel! GORGEOUS coloring and use of chalks and distress inks! You made the most beautiful bg I've seen! Just lovely! Sorry I'm behind on comments... I have been in NY and just got back late last night! Trying to catch up quickly! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous LO, Linda!! Wow, I totally LOVE what you've done here! Making your own DP is perfect! Gorgeous colors and details! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend...love your creation for our first challenge...your little one is adorable. Hope to see at next month's too.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}