}

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One of a Kind


I am loving playing with my new stamps from Layers of Color, and am trying to use different ones each time....which I might add is so hard as I get ideas happening for the one set and could make many cards - but there is no rush, I have plenty of time!!

This set is called Under the Sea and I could not resist this shell, which I have embossed in copper Embossing Powder, which was part of a RAK. I have embossed two shells and used dimensionals of the top half to give the impression of the shell opening...I think this worked - what do you think!?! I then added the pearl to the outside of the shell. This sentiment works so well with it, especially as pearls are unique....and so are we!!

This was layered into a sponged Scalloped Oval Nestie (thanks Melinda80 - are you missing them yet!?! LOL!) and then mounted onto card embossed with Divine Swirls Embossing Folder - I wanted to give the impression of movement and waves, but did not want to do them the obvious blue, rather try and keep the effect elegant and more classic - as pearls are! I brought the blue in through the card stock and the gorgeous blue tulle, which was part of a RAK from one of my Twisted Sisters Judy Kell - thank you Judy...I love the effect tulle has and would probably never have 'gone there' if you had not sent it!!

I finished with the shell embellishment....I am enjoying mixing silver, copper and bronze on projects, there was a day I would NEVER have done it, but the further I go on this crafting journey, the more adventurous I become...I am loving the mix of texture, colour, mediums and technique - it is so much fun!!
Thank you for stopping by, I am so encouraged by your visits and the kind words that you have left me. I love to know you have been! Please do not forget the BLOG CANDY that has so kindly been donated by Laura at Layers of Color, it is being drawn this week!! You have to be in it to win it - you may also want to pop over to their site and see what other delights they have!! It is midday Tuesday here and raining - perfect card making weather - I am having the loveliest day catching up on cards that are due and scrapbook pages I have wanted to get done - still a few more to get finished..I am getting there! I hope your day is going as well as mine - God bless you!!

4 comments:

  1. Linda, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Love that little charm shell you've added! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda.... it's always hard to pick favorites but this one is up there for me!!! I LOVE the way you popped the shell to look like it is opening... and I love the pearl... just the perfect embellie for this image! I love the mixture of mediums you are using... your cards are a feast to the eyes every time! For some reason, this reminds me of the pearl of great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just got back from a trip to Akld to visit DD, so no card making going here - love your shell :-) It's supposed to rain here later in the week - when it gets here from you folk :-) so maybe some cardmaking will get done then. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda!!!! Love the popped up embossed shell and the pearl embellishment and the embossing is perfect for it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}