}

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Roots and Wings


This my first Scrap Book page in my role as a Design Team member for Layers of Color. I have always loved this photo that my DH took of our kids when we were out one day...the page just evolved...

I backed the photo with creme CS, adding two layers of torn and sponged DP underneath it. A length of gorgeous old lace has been layered on that, with a Lollipop flower added. The flower was made in creme CS and sponged with Tim Hotlz Distressing Ink and held together with a gorgeous brad.

My DH took me out shopping for some embellishments specifically suited to my Layers of Color card and pages - isn't that lovely! I am so blessed to have a DH who is supportive and loves to bring me home all sorts of bargains...I love it when he does this as he has great taste and knows what I like to work with - I have not had one time when I thought 'What was he thinking!?'

The crown and wings are from the Regal Wings set, they have been cut out with dimensional added halfway along to give them some 'lift', they have been highlighted with Chalks and then Distressed Stickles (also part of our shopping spree) added, then a light touch of Kindy Glitz for that extra sparkle. Nail Bling has been added to the crown! Just that little bit of colour made a HUGE difference!

The strips for the top and bottom of the page were torn and sponged and images from Architectural Blocks, which had been coloured with chalk, were added. The sentiment was computer generated and sponged around....finished off with those lovely little gold wings....and there you have it...one finished page!

This page qualifies for the following challenges: Dutch Dare #.57 , Darling cardmakers , Creative Inspirations and My Time to Craft...make sure you check them out...they are so full of inspiration.
Thank you for making the time to come and visit
with me, I do appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a comment so I know you have been - I would hate to miss you! Laura at Layers of Color has offered a set of stamps as Blog Candy to help celebrate my coming on board as part of their design team - so click on the link to the Candy on my sidebar, leave a comment and be part of it!! You never know - you might win - someone has to!! God bless you!


5 comments:

  1. No wonder I did not see you yesterday - you were BUSY!!!! Oh Linda I do love what you have created here - just beautiful!!! Great to see you are having a ball with the new rubber :-) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Did you just tear the flower in different sizes? Love this effect. Bless your DH heart for taking you shopping for toys :D:D:D. Love that brad, nice little touch. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is fabulous - I love all the little touches of detail! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scrap page linda,i love what you have done the effects are stunning and your DH sounds lovely.
    Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations and good luck.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}