}

Friday, August 21, 2009

You Gotta Love those Meeces!!

I am combining some of my favourite challenges this week - the Twisted Sister Challenge and the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge. This weeks TSC was to made a humorous Christmas Card....When I got this image from one of my Twisted Sisters Sue (aka Coffeestamper aka Perk) I loved it instantly...there is something about those adorable mittle mice pulling faces into that shiny ornament that rings true - how cute are they - they certainly made me smile!!

I have used the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and really enjoyed it - if you haven't been over and checked it out already - you are missing out!! you can find it here. I chalked the image, which qualifies this card for the Stampin' B. Challenge as well! Dimensional Magic was added to the ornament, giving it a realistic look IRL...I have added touched of gold through the pine needles and on the top of the ornament!

The image has the corners cut with a small circle punch and then is sponged around, layered on black CS and secured with gold brads. I have torn and sponged strips of DP to add to the end panels, then used eyelets and made holes and threaded gold cord through some lovely little jewellery clasps....the extra gold touches add so much life to this card!

So that is all there is to that - thank you for stopping to have a look - I appreciate each and every comment and hate to miss you! It is Friday Night here and we have taken our girls down the coast to stay with our friends for the weekend - on the way back it was so windy and cold - makes you appreciate the comforts of home!! With only my DS and DH at home - I am in for a quiet weekend....and we know what that means....LOL! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, Linda, how sweet is this!!! Beautiful coloring as always. I really like your BG papers. Stunning card!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love the coloring and use of the sketch Linda!! So fun!! Great choice of dp too!!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and those meece are just so cute. Love what you have sone here with the gold highlights.

    Blessings Sista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, adorable! This is an instant smile-maker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES I ADORE these mice!! Is this ever soooo SWEET!!! LOVE your take on the midnight madness....gorgeous work as usual hon!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}