}

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever


I just love to combine challenges and this one is no exception. it is for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, which is a colour challenge this week - we are to use olive, red, black and white - the other challenge is a new one - it is the first challenge for Stamping Sisters in Christ - and I am thrilled to be able to play! I love the faith based challenges and hope to play each week. It is such a thrill to be able to combine our love for paper and for God! This week was based on the scripture:

"I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35 (NIV)

and the theme is food .....so.... that being said,
I reached for the Layers of Color sets Nature Walk and Garden Borders which both feature strawberries, which are YUMBLY at the best of times!! I close the scripture in Matthew to work with this theme as it speaks of seeing first the Kingdom Of God...then comes everything else....definitely ties in with man not living by bread alone!!
All images were coloured with Chalks and then had Kindy Glitz lightly added, it just seems to bring these images to life! I also added nail bling to the centre of the flower on Garden Borders...nail bling seems to be just the right mount of bling without screaming 'look at me, look at me!'. The scripture is layered onto a rectangular scalloped Nestie and then the images layered on dimensionals.

So there you have it...one finished card - I am loving the colours with these images, they were a pleasure to work with and made this card come together so easily!! If you get a moment hop over to check out Layers of Color, their stamps are gorgeous and I heard a whisper that there will be some new releases coming in the near future - my fingers are itching already - can't wait!! Also why not give the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge a go - Flourishes has so much happening at the moment - and then of course there is a the new Challenge Stamping Sisters in Christ to support - I would love to see you there!!

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my work...I love it that you come and your comments are always such a 'buzz' for me!! God bless you!!

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Linda!!! I love your coloring and design!! I just have to get some of these Flourishes images so I can play with these challenges. They have so many awesome stamps to choose from!!

    Great job on the challenge!!
    hugs and blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, your flowers are simply stunning... the chalk queen does it again! Love the colours and layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! I love this card and the colors are delicious! What a great pairing of the 2 LOC stamps! You have great style and I look forward to seeing more of your amazing creations on LOC glad to have you on board you are a real asset and blessing to the team! Warmest Regards, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}