}

Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Clowning Around


This is my first card for the Friday Sketchers Challenge and I had fun with it. I had dug out this clown image that I had been given by a lady at the first Markets I sold my cards at...I wasn't sure about using it as Clowns aren't exactly in at the moment (well - not that I have seen) but decided to anyway...why be dictated to by trends! LOL! You can never have too many children's birthday cards, especially for littlies....and with this in mind I am linking it to the Stamping for the Weekend Challenge which is for anything BABY - babies/toddlers birthday card fits

I coloured the image with chalks and used a Water Colour Pen for the 'hard to get to' places...sponged the edges with distressing ink and paper pierced two opposite corners. This was mounted onto a navy scalloped rectangle (thanks Melinda aka Melinda80). Two sections were cut from Spot and Dots embossed CS and layered onto olive green CS, with a striped panel being added down the side. The main image was mounted on dimensionals to balance it, the the layers in the top corner of it are very thick. A circular sentiment was added and an old button was added to the centre of that! I cut thin strips of DP to thread through the holes in the buttons, so that the 'thread' matched perfectly...uses up scraps as well!

That fabulous DP was part of a Blog Candy from Tracey of Stamping for all Seasons - I have really enjoyed all of the DP's that were part of the Candy - so thank you Tracey!! You know what it is like...no matter how much SP you have yourself - someone elses is always more interesting! What's that all about!?!?

Thank you for coming and visiting me here, I love seeing you have been and reading your comments...you are so encouraging!! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Hello again Linda, well done on creating two cards for this weeks challenge. What a fab looking clown and you've coloured him beautifully, lovely bright 'n' cheery colours, lovin the papers and a fab layout too. Thanks so much for your second entry for this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clown - and I agree, why be dictated to by trends :-)

    great card, and a great page layout too - you are an inspiration.

    blessings
    Sista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Linda this is sooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, isn't he funny! I love clowns! Delightful, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said you wanted to use this stamp and you did congrats on the fab result!Happy card!
    x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}