}

Friday, August 28, 2009

On Angels Wings


Who doesn't love a baby...especially one as sweet as this one....and it is sleeping!!! I can't resist this gorgeous image from the Layers of Color set called Flower Child, here I have layered it onto one of the sets of wings from the Beloved Wings Set, which has in turn been layered into a Scalloped circle which has kindly been cut from a Nesitie for me, along with many others from the lovely Kathy (aka Wattle on SCS)

I don't normally gravitate towards yellow, so that was a challenge in itself but it all came together well and I am happy with the end result. I added crotchet lace across the centre yellow panel and added flowers and pearls instead of a sentiment. Below this I have added some yellow ribbon with a heart embellishment, which qualifies this for the Die Cuts Dreams Challenge, which is all about flowers and hearts!

It also qualifies for the ABC Challenge where circles are the order of the day! PLUS the Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS which is all about vintage - and you know how I love VINTAGE!!!

Paper piercing was added to the corners of the square DP panel! I think that paper piercing can often add such a lovely touch to a card, rather than adding bling it anything that would take away from the look of the card, paper piercing can often help 'draw the eye' to the images and special touches!

Well, that is it for me - thank you for stopping in and for all of your encouragement you make my day! You know I love knowing when you have been! God bless you!
EDIT: Where is my head, I forgot to mention that is is also for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where pearls are the feature this week - who doesn't love pearls!!! Bye again!!
AND Stamping for the Weekend where anything BABY is the go!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image and card. I love the pearls and flowers on the crocheted lace. Did you do the crocheting? I love to crochet although I haven't done it in a year or 2. And I never could do the small stuff like this lace. I'm a strictly crochet blankets and scarves kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is fabulous!!! Gorgeous colors and design!!! Love the pearls!!! Don't forget to add your link to Mr. Linky on the Flourishes Newsletter!!! Thanks for playing FTTC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda that is sooooo beuatiful -I keep saying that of your cards, but it's TRUE!!

    Do love the way you combine so many different textures and mediums and never seem to overdo it!

    The lace is actually machine made in an immitation of bobbin lace - Lacemaking is something that I persue and which takes my time from cardmaking :-)

    Blessings Sista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh Linda this is wonderful and so many lovely features and different techniques. You've done a fab done with the paper piercing, the lace and pearls are so pretty, fab card altogether. Thank you for joining in again with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Linda!!!! What a stunning design, love your colours, pearls and piercing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}