}

Saturday, August 15, 2009

In the Jungle


How cute is this little giraffe from Layers of Color...no wonder I have had to make a card with him...too cute to leave alone! He is from the Polka Dot Parade Set along with some other really cute images!

I wanted to give this card a jungle/safari feel and used this fabulous DP from Tracey's Blog Candy. The giraffe has been chalked and the edges of the image inked with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink...I love this ink and got a few at the Craft Fair - this one is Walnut Ink. The leaves are part of a fabulous RAK from the lovely Sabrina (aka okimom2girlz on SCS) I used tattered Angels Shimmer Spray on them and am happy with the results IRL!! The buttons and beads are from my 'stash' - they have added a lovely feel to this card AND great dimension!!!

You know I love to look around for challenges and found Whimsey Challenges earlier this week - it is all about Animal Magic this week, so this card fits!!

Another Challenge I have found is the ABC Challenge which is A is for anything goes with the option of animals!

Thank you for stopping by , I love to know you have been...I do appreciate your comments and read each one - you make my day!! Saturday night is fast winding up here and it has been a relaxed day with the family - my kinda day!! God bless you!

9 comments:

  1. Linda your card is fabulous again! You have such an eye for matching paper and image... the colors are great and LOVE the beads!!! Congrats too on the royal honor at Flourishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Linda, this card is breathtaking!!!!!! I love everything about it and those beads, wow, they are just gorgeous!!! Love those buttons you've added on the side. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - how stinkin' cute is this little giraffe - LOL!!! Totally awesome and fun card - Linda - I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous - the image and colours are adoreable!!

    Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda this is so cute - giraffes are my fave animals (see my avatar lol!!) and this one is adorable. Love your fab beading to create an ethnic jungle feel too ;-)
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet - you really have a great talent there........

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOO-HOO Linda, how good does that pattern paper look with the image! The beads look fantastic. Just sooo perfectly put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my long lost friend...or is me that that has been lost...silly work getting in the way of craft and friends...Well the giraffe is lovely..the background is cool..very Africana feel about it all. The buttons and beads just set it off!
    x Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, wonderful Linda!! I LOVE the unique take for this stamp, and the colors are smashing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}