}

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Babies in the House


How exciting to hear that my DH's cousins had twin boys last week, these boys are special and so far away...so I just had to make a card for them....I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, which I have been wanting to get to, so was happy for the opportunity!
I used this adorable bear image that I was given in a box of stamps when I first started selling my cards at the local Markets, I thought it would be perfect for twins. I chalked the bears and popped them up on dimensionals, onto embossed CS. I have also used DP and ran a length of narrow gingham ribbon between them.

The sentiment is from a set from ISC called 'All About Me' that I won on the ISC Blog Hop, along with another set....I am looking forward to inking them up...I have plans to do so in the next few weeks! The sentiment circle has been inked and aged with SU Chalks/Pastels and the scalloped border is Fiskars thanks to Melinda80...I borrowed her punch months ago and sat punching along edges of scraps so I had a nice little supply for times such as this!

This is a relatively simple card but I am happy with the overall look - you can't really go wrong with bears can you - adorable!

I thought you might like to see the adorable babies , DH's cousin Agostino and his wife Jennifer sent them to us, the photos that is NOT the babies. They live in California, so we will not seeing them in the near future (sigh) so we savour any photos of times like this! My DH has only found his family in the last 10 years, the majority of them are in Italy, but Agostino and Jennifer (a Californian girl) are settled in the USA and have been for some time. DH was brought up in children's homes and values his family deeply! These darling boys are named Alex and AJ....these boys will be so well loved by not only their parents but the whole family - and we are many - we are FAMILIO!!!
Thank you for looking and for your comments, which make my day - I love knowing that you have stopped by! I hope your week is going along smoothly - mine is going so quickly!!! God bless you!

3 comments:

  1. Great Linda!!The bears look so realistic...like the fur is so well chalked.
    Nice colours. Blues and browns yummo!! They will be pleased to receive it I am sure!
    x Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful babies - and beautiful card too :-). Love it when I hear of families re-uniting after ages spent apart! I have my own special story of that, so I am biased.

    bless you sista
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card for two beautiful little boys! Thank you for sharing your family's joy with us. My Dad met his birth mother 13 years ago, we were very blessed to find her. Your story reminds me how fortunate I am - Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}