}

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Bit of Me

As I looked through my Layouts I realised that I have done pages for all of the family but there is not one of me, apart from the family ones...so I have put together this page with the help of my Layers of Color images. I love using stamping with my pages and the Layers of Colors stamps feel like they were made just for me - I love that!




I have also used the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, which worked so well with the look I was wanting to achieve....this is the first Layout I have done for the MMSC, so am hoping that it is okay!!! It is also for the Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS which is 'Very Vintage' and I would say that this more than fits that challenge with all of the sponging and aging - AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ME with the aging!! LOL!


I embossed a panel of creme CS with the Textiles Embossing Folder, tearing one edge and sponging it with distressing ink, then layered in onto black CS. The edges of the photo have been distressed and layered onto distressed black CS. A lace border has been added to the bottom edge of the photo. I have also sponged and added 2 lots of CS behind the photo, one bing flocked and the other embossed....I love the different textures.
.


The flourish at the top of the photo is from the Layers of Color Nature Walk set, this has quickly become one of my favourite sets, it is so versitile, I love the way it looks with this gorgeous flower which is part of a RAK from the lovely Sabrina (aka ok1mom2girlz) along with the stunning pin - thank you Sabrina for your gorgeous gift...I am loving everything in it... The flowers have been sponged on the ends of the petals, the pearl button is part of a heap of buttons I was given - these are perfect for flower centres and these qualify me for the Pile it On Challenge where we are to use 3 of anything...buttons, layers and flowers - I am in with this one!!




The flourish on the bottom left is from the Layer of Color set Old World Flourishes. The flower centre and that gorgeous heart and both 'vintage' buttons that my friend (and SU Demo) Ann brought me back from the USA - they are perfect for this page - thanks Ann! The Fancy Corners are also from Ann, part of her SU purchases - yes she got a BIG SHOT and everything that could possibly go through it - we were able to play with it on Wednesday night at Scrapbooking!! The Squares on the top of the embossed panel are from the Layers of Colour set Gothic Crosses, I have added half pearls to these and to one of the flowers....so this would qualify this layout for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!





Oh and I must add that the sentiment is from ISC, I won 2 sheets of stamps on their Blog Hop a little while back - this one is from the 'All About Me' set and is fitting for this page, because it is - 'A Bit of Me!'


Thank you for looking and for your lovely comments - you are so encouraging and it makes my day seeing that you have stopped by! God bless you!!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Linda! I'll tell you... you do vintage to perfection! The textile ef is so perfect here and love all the extras... the flourishes, flowers, sponging, button, pin... all lovely!!! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Linda, you scrap just equally beautiful as you create cards!!!! I am totally loving this page of YOU!!!! Your pin came out gorgeous and the flowers look totally different with that special touch you've added. I am still drooling my friend. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout, i love the colours and the vintage style is gorgeous. Lots of pretty detail..wonderful work Linda. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your work is stunning!!Love your style :)

    Krissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZAS Linda!!!!! What a STUNNING page - gorgeous, vintage and such a classic example of your beautiful style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such soft and elegant colours.
    Great!! embossing,texture,tearing,sponging and inking.It just suits to have you in the middle of this delightful layout.Very U x Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with every fabby comment you've received! This is FABULOUS!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took a walk in your garden today, through your photos on your blog. I met some sweet little ducks and played with the dogs. I smelled the roses and felt the warmth of the sun. I look forward to someday having a big outdoor dinner with many of your lovely family and friends in your gorgeous patio. Thank you for sharing your little bit of heaven on earth in Australia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}