}

Monday, August 17, 2009

Christmas Already


What fun I am having playing with the Layers of Colors stamp sets... this one is called Reindeer Waltz. The reindeer have a filigree look about them!
I love working with these gorgeous reindeer and have to be honest - they didn't need too much done with them, they are gorgeous in their own right.
I did make two, the first one being for Our Creative Corner Challenge. this week it is to make a Christmas card...the reindeer has been
embossed onto a circle, the edges sponged and layered on black CS, which I have just cut by hand - don't look too closely - then popped up on dimensionals. This was layered onto embossed silver foil, which is a recycled custard tart tray - kindly donated for my 'cause' by my DH - obviously I washed it first, although it really didn't need too much cleaning - the family saw that! LOL! Ribbon was added to the embossing. This was layered onto CS and attached to DP which has also been sponged around the edges. The snowflakes are from a RAK from Jocelyn (aka JoBear2 on SCS) and have been sponged and then had Distressed Stickles added and a silver pearl in the centre. Finishing off with a row of black pearls to two corners.

The second card is for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge which is about scoring, which you can see very clearly on this card - I don't have a ScorPal or anything like that but do have some garden wire which gives me this result - you have to be happy with that!!! I have added the snowflakes from Jocelyn (aka JoBear2) with the Distressed Stickles on them and the silver pearls which are from Pam (aka Pam 124) they are gorgeous and finish off the card nicely (in my opinion!)

So there you have them, 2 Christmas cards...both of the cards fit the Creative Card Crew Challenge which is also for Christmas in August...I have a lot more plans for these reindeer and you can be sure you will see them ALL here! There are plenty of ideas at Layers of Color so why not pop over there and check out their Design Team galleries.
Thank you for coming over and looking, you make my day - I love to read your comments, that way I know you have been - I would hate to miss you!!! It is Monday lunchtime here and cool, although not cold - which is unusual for here...but I am not complaining!! Hope you are having a great day! God bless you!

7 comments:

  1. Linda these are both beautiful. What a noble looking deer. Great for Christmas time. It is hot and the humidity is high. I hope your week is going well. My hubby is coming back to Australia. Wish I could fit in his bags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your garden wire did a fantastic job! Necessity is the mother of invention and you my dear friend sure know how to make everything look like you have all the latest tools!!! LOVE these reindeer even though I'm having trouble even thinking about Christmas yet! Your layouts are wonderful and BTW... congrats on being the crowned royalty by Flourishes! You looked lovely in your crown! Sorry Im a bit behind in comments! Have had a busy week! Hugs!!! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so gorgeous and so very different, i love that. If you do find the time then we'd love to welcome you to our group on Craftbubble x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I love these Christmas cards, and the reminder I need to get started on some!! It was fun sharing my reign as queen with you, Lovely Linda!! Did you notice the L thing over at Flourishes:
    Lois, Linda, Liz??? I am quite honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful Christmas card Linda i adore the image and such fab detail. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Linda, these cards are unique and marvelous!! Your talent is endless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh linda i love this card!!!!!! its making me anxious for Christmas time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love making christmas cards!! you did a great great job though =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}