}

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Heaven Sent


Scrapbooking is a learning curve for me. One of the albums I am going to be having as a member of a Design Team over at Layers of Color is a Scrapbook Album...so I was eager to get some pages done. I have to be honest and say that these pages almost made themselves, the Layers of Color stamp sets were perfect for these pages and made it easy!!
This page was made to compliment the 'Roots and Wings' Page featured above. I have had this photo of my three children sitting to one side since I started Scrapbooking 6 months ago....and am very happy with the way it turned out!
I used 4 sets of Layers of Color images - Nature Walk, Beloved Wings, Architectural Blocks and Gothic Crosses, cutting them out and sponging around the edges. The Flowers and Gothic Cross are popped up on 3D foam dots to add more dimension. I really like the mix of stamped flowers and prima's, it adds texture and creates more interest for the eye. A Dew Drop was added to the cross and heart embellishments to the prima's.
The spiral edge along the back of the photo is recycled from my Watercolour Paper Pad, I saved them as loved the look of them and wanted to age them with sponging. The banner under the photo was created by tearing DP and sponging it and adding a length of recycled crotched lace along the bottom edge. The sentiment is computer generated and has been sponged and layered onto the DP. The Royal Wings have been popped up onto 3D Foam Dots and a cross embellishment added to them. All images have been highlighted with SU Chalks.

The end result is one that I am happy with...it is definitely a growing skill, I can look back and see how I am growing...the pages don't take quite as long as they used to, things comes together with more ease!
This page qualifies for the following challenges: Dutch Dare #.57 , Darling cardmakers , Creative Inspirations and My Time to Craft...make sure you check them out...they are so full of inspiration, and I have just found another challehge it fits...Pile it on (I got a surprise to see my card "Raspberry Delight' got in the top three last week in their challenge!! A first for me!

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment, it makes my day to see you have called in! Don't forget to enter by BLOG CANDY of you haven't already. Laura at Layers of Color has kindly donated a set of stamps to celebrate my becoming part of their Design Team...so click on the link on my sidebar and make a comment to enter - some one has to win...it could be you! God bless you!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work as usual Linda, but with that gorgeous photo it is kind of cheating isn't it LOL, how could it go wrong! Seriously, I love the humour. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another truly gorgeous page Linda,"stunning work" and a joy to pop over and see.
    Thanks again for joining in with us over at Creative Inspirations and good luck.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This IS Heaven sent!! Marvelous page, Linda, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}