}

Monday, August 3, 2009

Midnight Madness - Literally!!

This past week has been a whirlwind for me - very exciting, but a whirlwind. Today I feel like I have been chasing my tail...lots of cards started at various stages, but hard to get one finished...but I have got the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge finished...This is one of my favourite challenges (okay, they are all favourites) and I would have been so disappointed to have missed the deadline!!

I have used a scripture and Nestie that my friend Kathy (aka Wattle) has sent me, I just love that Labels 4 Nestie!!) and combined it with flowers from the lovely Abby's Candy, plus that gorgeous butterfly which came in a RAK from one of my Twisted Sisters, Peggy (aka Marilyn Prestonn) and the Vintage Corner which was also from one of my Twisted Sisters Judy Kell - where would I be without my friends - well, one thing is for sure - this card would be pretty boring! LOL!

I have added a punched border, WHICH IS MINE!! LOL!, Ribbon and bling and sponging complete this soft and feminine card!! I have realised that I have done no stamping on it...but there is still one amazing mess to clean up before the kids get home!!

It is all very exciting for me today...I received a box of stamps from Layers of Colour and I can hardly wait to get them inky....I have actually done a few more things for the Design Team, which have been added to my gallery on their site, so I will be uploading them here a bit later today - all going well! I hope you come back to check them out...or pop over to Layers of Colour - and don't forget to check out my Blog Candy, there is a link on my sidebar!

Thank you for stopping by and for your encouraging comments, especially over my exciting news. I do appreciate your support and love to read your comments, they mean a lot to me!! Hopefully this will not be my only post today...I have a few things waiting to be posted - you had better grab a coffee for your next visit! LOL! God bless you!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Just lovely! Congrats on your DT appointment. Just appointed to a DT myself this past week over at Artful Inkables. Hope you will stop by the Open Window, say hello and follow along as we play...I'll do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty,
    I have just popped by to thank you for joining in with my blog candy and to wish you luck.. good luck. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, gorl, you never cease to amaze me!!! Love the Vintage feel of this card. You know I love Vintage, it is my middle name :D:D:D:D. No really, this card is stunning and I love the way you've used the Labels 4 as a tag. Genius!!!! Hugs and blessing, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, Linda!! I'm glad I clicked on it for a close-up look. I adore the crusted and sheer flowers, the yummy coloring of the stripes and distressed border, and all the special embelly details. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous card Linda - love the layout and how you have done the butterfly! Sorry haven't visited for a while - have been on holiday. Also for some strange reason your blog doesn't show any updates in my blogroll - strange!! hope you are keeping well hun :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegance and class...Fab card
    x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}