}

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vintage Christmas

I am finally getting around to posting some of the cards I made at Stamp Camp, our 'Christmas in July' with my SU Demo, and friend, Ann. We had such a great day and make so many cards...in amongst the laughter and Christmas munchies, which Ann had baked at 2am the night before!! I came home with cards 'coming out of my ears!' Well, not literally...but I did feel that it was a day well invested AND we got a set of stamps with it 'A Wish for Peace' which I love and you will see some of the beautiful cards we made with it - and other sets!

This card fits with the Our Creative Corner Challenge being all about purple this week - and this is purple!!! I love this card with the tag in it, it was so quick and easy to make, mind you Ann had cut most of the CS for us...God bless that woman!! This set, Good Cheer, is from our new Mini Catalogue...I can picture it in greens and reds, blues and silvers...so much potential!!


The image is stamped on and a clean blender pen was used to drag some of the colour across the image...very easy and so affective. When I came home I did add a splashing of Kindy Gtilz of it, but that has not shown up at all in the photos - typical! A corner rounded was used on the corners - naturally and ribbon threaded through the slot of the tag - mine is a bit hard to see in this photo - sorry!


Thank you for stopping in and for your comments, you are so encouraging and your comments mean so much to me - you know I love to know when you have visited! I have had a busy day as I am trying to get things done...tomorrow I am off to the Craft and Quilt Fair, here in Canberra, for 4 days. I will be helping Ann on the SU stall and also selling some of my own cards....so busy days....but I can't imagine I won't find the time to do a bit of crafting in the evenings....even if I don't I have cards from the Workshop to show you! God bless you!

Edit - don't foget to check out the Blog Candy that Layers of Color are offering to help celebrate my joining their Design Team. Just click on the link on the sidebar - you just might win - someone has to!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Linda... this is such a cool Christmas card! I love pocket cards and of course the purple is pretty! I do need to do the OCCC this week! Love all your work and enjoying your new DT images!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, your work is simply amazing!!! Your style really appeals to me and I love browsing your blog.

    Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog earlier this week. I can't figure out why your blog link that I have on my sidebar doesn't update. I have deleted it and re-entered it a number of times and again just yesterday and it still shows a blog post you made three months ago. If you find a solution, please let me know!! In the meantime, keep on rockin' the handmade card world!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, wow, this is so coooooooool!! The purple really looks amazing on this image and I can see that little glitz you've added :D:D:D. Have fun and enjoy being able to get out a little at the fair. I am sure you'll share all of it with us when you have a minute :D:D:D Looking forward to the report. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card for Christmas. I love purple so this is perfect for me. I hop eyou are having a great time at your quilt and craft fair. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing & stylish Christmas card - I love it!

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog - you really are 'Lovely Linda' Thanks also for the blessings, I count mine everyday :)

    Hugs
    steph x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It most definitely is purple Linda!!! :) This is a wonderful vintage Christmas card - your work just keeps getting better and better!!!! Hope you are having a blast at the Fair!!! :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Linda! Wonderful colors and great image, very well done! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great christmas card. I never thought of purple as a christmas colour but it works really well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab card Linda - love the image and fantastic colorus. Great layout with the tag as well.
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}